Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Cake Donuts

I had something else set to run today, a yummy cheesy casserole, but that has got to be put on hold.  After I made these donuts I skipped happily to my computer (with a donut in my mouth – don’t do this, it’s a choking hazard) to change the post.  I had to show you these.

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you might know I got a donut pan a few days ago.  A donut pan is one of those baking items I tell myself I need about 8x a month but then I never buy it.  Even if it’s only $12, I see it a a investment piece.  How often will I really make donuts?  Do I really need it?  Maybe I should buy $12 worth of things I don’t need instead.  In reality, buy the donut pan and bake donuts until your heart is content.

Enter, donut pan in my life. 


Ingredients

  • For the donuts
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • For the sugar coating
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spray donut pan with nonstick spray.
  3. Mix together oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and vanilla until combined.
  4. Stir in flour and continue to mix until smooth.
  5. Fill the donut pans up about 3/4 of the way.
  6. Bake donuts for 15 minutes.
  7. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, then remove donuts from pan.
  8. Combine sugar and cinnamon in large plastic bag.
  9. One at a time, put your donuts in bag and shake lightly to cover.
  10. Remove from bag and let cool completely.
  11. Store in container.

Recipe Notes
Recipe makes (12) 3 inch donuts, or (6) large donuts.

Thanks done share recipes to : brooklynfarmgirl.com/2013/10/14/cinnamon-sugar-pumpkin-cake-donuts/