GREEK YOGURT CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS

To make these yummy muffins I was inspired by popular coffee cake that you can easily find at the store. Many times before leaving the store I was grabbing coffee cake on my way to the cash register. I couldn’t help it, they were always in front! My children always loved them. When I made these greek yogurt cinnamon coffee cake muffins they vanished so quickly. My children are growing and I’ve noticed they eat more and more! Sometimes I can’t keep up with cooking and baking.

I made 12 cinnamon coffee cake muffins and I was thinking I’ll have plenty of them. My boys will eat some and then I will have the rest for photos. Unfortunately, I had to hide couple just for the photos, but once my boys came from school they ate the rest. The same scenario is happening when I bake Sweet Potato Baked Mini Donuts. I have to bake 2 batches, otherwise it won’t be enough for my family.

For these muffins I used greek yogurt. I love baking with greek yogurt. I usually buy my favorite Liberte greek yogurt and I use it all the time with my baking and cooking.

At first I thought that I will bake my cinnamon coffee cake muffins without any topping. However, when I was thinking how to make my muffins even better I’ve decided to make crumble brown sugar topping. Yummy, they were so delicious. Bake them for breakfast, snack, brunch or any other time!


INGREDIENTS

  • Muffins
  • 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup Cocozia Coconut Oil, melted
  • 1 cup greek yogurt ( I used 2% Liberte)
  • Crumble
  • 7 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3 Tbsp butter, melted

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare muffin tin with liners.
  2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and brown sugar. Set aside.
  3. In another large medium bowl whisk eggs, add Cocozia Organic Coconut Oil and greek yogurt. Combine well.
  4. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients.
  5. In a small bowl combine ingredients for the crumble: flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.
  6. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin liners. Add crumb topping on top. Press gently onto the batter.
  7. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick will come out clean.
  8. Remove from oven and cool off on wire rack.
  9. by Ilona


Thanks done share recipes to : https://www.ilonaspassion.com/greek-yogurt-cinnamon-coffee-cake-muffins/