Baileys Poke Cake

So I’m going to give you some unsolicited advice today.  And it’s not to eat this cake with reckless abandon . . . okay, it is.  So, I guess I’m going to give you two pieces of advice today.

So the advice.  It’s the best advice I’ve ever been given.  It was from my mom.  She was crazy smart.  I mean, I’m totally biased, but still true.  One of the reasons she was so smart was because she was so insightful.  She was good at reading other people because she was really good at reading herself.  She knew what she was thinking and feeling and she dealt with it.

Man.  I miss her a ton.

This is the advice:

When you aren’t sure what to do in a situation, be it taking a new job, breaking up with your boyfriend, having another baby, where to go for dinner (I mean, not all decisions are big), you close your eyes and you try it on.

You imagine yourself taking the first path.  You really think about it.  What it means.  And then you sit and feel how it feels.  The good, the bad, the ugly.  And then you do the same for the second path.

In my experience, you don’t even need to try on both options.  Usually just in trying on the first option you become so clear on what you want to do.  I did this yesterday with something that I’m struggling with, and the very second I imagined taking the option that I was scared to take I felt like the clouds cleared, the sun came out, and the 800 pound gorilla who was sitting on my back went for a walk.

Done and done peeps.  Works every time.


Ingredients

  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsps baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk I used skim
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp mint extract not peppermint extract
  • 1 cup strongly brewed coffee
  • 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream
  • 8 oz Cool Whip
  • 1 cup Andes baking Chips

Instructions

  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Now mix in the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, mint extract, and coffee. Stir until the batter is just combined.
  4. Pour into the baking dish and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted two inches from the edge of the pan comes out with just a few crumbs.
  5. Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes then poke with about 20 to 30 holes. Pour the Baileys into the holes making sure to get some in each hole.
  6. Let the cake sit overnight. Before serving top with the Cool Whip and then the Andes baking chips 


thanks done share recipes to : https://www.wineandglue.com/baileys-poke-cake/