Ultimate Oreo Poke Cake

I need to rant to you guys a minute, and it has no relation to this recipe, so feel free to just skip past this part of if you want. Wait, what? You mean you aren’t here to listen to me rant?

They are currently painting our condo complex and it is driving me NUTS. This week I happen to be home and around the house all day and my windows, my front door and my driveway are all taped up and shut. I ran out to Target for a few minutes and when I came back, I couldn’t get back in the front door, they had to a cut a hole for me to get through. Did I mention it’s been this way for 3 days now?

The past two nights have been really hot inside the house, it’s like the plastic is keeping the heat in, and this girl can’t stop baking over here. So at last I am stuck inside my house with my hot oven complaining to myself all day. How else would I be able to make this Oreo Poke Cake for you? Tragic right?

There are two things my boyfriend fiance  loves: chocolate cake and Oreos. So naturally I was excited for him to try this dessert. He ate 3 slices- for breakfast! That’s how good this is. He would probably be embarrassed that I told you that. Oops. He doesn’t love whipped cream, but he loved that I mixed the Oreos into the whipped cream. He told me if reminds him of a ho-ho. That sounds like a win if I have ever heard one.


INGREDIENTS
  • For the Cake
  • 1 box chocolate cake mix
  • ¾ cup milk
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 3 large eggs
  • 8 ounces light sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 30 Oreos, divided
  • For the topping
  • 1 jar hot fudge sauce (16 oz)
  • 1 package instant chocolate pudding (3.4 oz)
  • 1 ¾ cup milk
  • 1 container Cool Whip
INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chocolate cake mix, milk (3/4 cup), vegetable oil, eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix all the ingredients together until it’s well combined.
  3. Pour the batter into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan. Take 10 Oreos and place in a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin or other heavy object and crush the Oreos into smaller pieces. Sprinkle on top of the cake. If you can’t fit them all, save them for the topping.
  4. Bake the cake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes. To test the cake for doneness, stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
  5. Allow the cake to cool for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Use a wooden spoon and poke a bunch of holes all over the top of the cake.
  6. For the topping: Heat the jar of hot fudge according to the instructions on the jar until it is a pourable consistency. Reserve 3 tablespoons to drizzle over top of the cake. Pour the remaining hot fudge over the cake.
  7. Prepare the instant chocolate pudding by combining the milk and the pudding and whisk until the dry ingredients are dissolved. Pour the pudding over top of the cake. Place the cake in the refrigerator until it is completely cooled.
  8. To make the topping, crush 10 more Oreos in a large plastic bag and fold into the Cool Whip. Spread the Cool Whip over top of the cake and return to the refrigerator for at least one hour.
  9. Prior to serving, top the cake with more crushed Oreos and drizzle with hot fudge.

NOTES
To substitute homemade whipped cream for Cool Whip, use 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream and 3/4 cup powdered sugar.

thanks done share recipes to : https://beyondfrosting.com/2016/04/14/ultimate-oreo-poke-cake/