Red Velvet Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Red Velvet is such a delicious cake, if made right. For most people it's hit or miss. Some like it, some don't but my family is in the first group. I came across this recipe in February and knew I had to make ASAP.

My sister loves red velvet cake and this one was definitely a hit. It is incredibly easy since I used my favorite box mix. While I do like to create baked goods from scratch, I also doctor up cake mixes because, let's be real, sometimes it's a lot easier to do that than scratch, especially with a three-year-old running around.

I live for homemade cream cheese frosting and this one was no exception. Smooth, creamy, just the right amount of sweetness - absolutely perfect! Toppings are optional, but everyone here loves sprinkles so I made it extra adorable with some heart sprinkles and nonpareils.


Ingredients

  • 4 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
  • 1 (4.3 ounce) package Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix, dry
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil

Instructions

  1. Heat oven to 325F. Prepare 2 bread pans with baking spray and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until foamy. Combine the rest of the ingredients until mixed.
  3. Divide batter between loaf pans and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cakes.
  4. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pans for 10-15 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack or serving dish. Serve warm or room temperature. Optional Cream Cheese Frosting after completely cooled


Thanks done share recipes to : www.loveandconfections.com/2017/04/red-velvet-pound-cake.html