Polenta Casserole

This Polenta Casserole is an easy family dinner! Polenta topped with homemade meat sauce and cheese - my kids loved this recipe!



I didn't grow up eating polenta so honestly, I wasn't exactly sure what polenta was for the longest time! Last year on a date night, Paul had polenta as the side dish to his dinner entree. He was too into it, but I actually loved it! Of course I had to look up some polenta recipes to try at home.

What is polenta?

Polenta is basically cornmeal made into a porridge or oatmeal consistency. In a lot of dishes, it's used as the base on which other ingredients are layered on top of. Just like in this homemade Polenta Casserole recipe!


Polenta Casserole



Lately, our family has been really trying new ingredients as a way to really mix up our dinners. I've said this before on Mostly Homemade Mom, but I tend to get into a dinner rut a few times each year. Winter is usually one of those times!
Read more �