KENTUCKY HOT BROWN DIP

Kentucky Hot Brown Dip takes the best parts of that traditional open faced sandwich – turkey, bacon, creamy goodness, and a few tomatoes for a fresh and acidic balance – and combines it all into one ooey gooey appetizer. The best part is, you really aren’t blowing your diet with this one – instead of a heavy cream and butter-based béchamel, I bring in the velvety texture with light cream cheese and Greek yogurt, and lots of flavor from Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar.

The horses and jockeys may be running for the roses this weekend, but come August 1st, I’ll be running for cheese. Well, maybe not literally, though I’m sure some cheddar will be consumed over the weekend, but I am so excited to be part of the Cabot Fit Team 2015. I am currently training to run my first 10K race – make that my first 10K and my first race, all rolled up into one – at the TD Beach to Beacon 10K Road Race in Cape Elizabeth, Maine on August 1st. I can’t tell you how excited I am!

You know I love all things Cabot cheese, so it means more than words can express how honored I am to be running with this group of ladies on behalf of Cabot Creamery Cooperative. While fitness has been a part of my life for quite awhile, my attempts at running have been in fits and spurts through the past several years. But in the back of my mind I’ve always had this nagging desire to fully commit and train for a race, which is why being part of the Cabot Fit Team is so ideal – the mission of the team is to increase awareness about the importance of wellness through nutrition and exercise.


Ingredients

  • 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (I used light)
  • 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
  • 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
  • 6 oz. (about 1 1/2 cups) shredded white cheddar cheese, divided (I used Cabot Extra Sharp)
  • 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
  • one small tomato, seeded and chopped
  • 6 slices bacon, crumbled
  • 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese (can also use parmesan)
  • Crackers, sliced baguette, vegetables for serving


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. In a bowl, stir together the cream cheese, yogurt, nutmeg, 4 oz. (about 1 cup) cheddar, and turkey until thoroughly combined.
  3. Transfer to a glass baking dish and spread evenly.
  4. Top with tomato, bacon, the remaining 2 oz cheddar cheese, and the pecorino romano cheese.
  5. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly, and lightly browned.
  6. Serve with crackers, baguette slices, and veggies for dipping.


Thanks done share recipes to : https://cupcakesandkalechips.com/kentucky-hot-brown-dip/#_a5y_p=3707947