MINT ‘N’ CHIP CUPCAKES

When I bake or cook following a recipe, I get all my ingredients out and set them in my workspace. As I put them in the dish I’m making, I put the jar or box away. That way I know I’ve used all the ingredients that the dish called for, and it’s all pretty clean and tidy when I’m done. I’ve done this for years. Makes it really easy and fairly fool-proof.

Fairly fool-proof, I said. Not completely! I followed these procedures when I made these awesome little minty cupcakes of goodness. I got everything out, set it all on the counter. Used the one ingredient, put it away when I was done with it, then the next ingredient, putting it away. Made my batter. Filled my cupcake liners. Then, how is it that as I slid the tray of filled cupcakes into the oven and looked over at my workspace, I noticed the box of baking soda still sitting there unused on the counter? D’oh!

I had only made 1/2 a batch of these cupcakes (14 cupcakes total). And, well it was just a tiny amount of baking soda. So, maybe it wouldn’t matter? But, I decided the make the another 1/2 batch, this time actually adding all the ingredients like I was supposed to.

I frosted them all up after they cooled and put them all out at dessert time hoping that it wouldn’t make much of a difference. A couple of the girls quickly took one of the cupcakes to share it to see how it tasted (I hadn’t told them at all what happened). Of course, I could tell by the way the cupcake looked that it was from the batch without the baking soda. The ones without baking soda released from the paper liners really easily, and were a little more golden in color, so it was easy for me to tell the batches apart.


Ingredients

  • 8 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 1 ½ cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 ½ cups cake flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup light tasting oil such as grapeseed
  • 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
  • 2-3 drops green food coloring optional
  • 2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
  2. Line cupcake pans with 28 liners, and set aside.
  3. Using an electric beater, cream (beat together) the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and beat until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  4. Evenly distribute the batter into the lined cupcake pans, filling each liner about ¾ full, and bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean (or with a few crumbs).
  5. Let cool completely, then frost with Mint Chocolate Chip Frosting (recipe follows).

Recipe Notes
Makes approximately 28 cupcakes

Thanks done share recipes to : https://lifecurrentsblog.com/mint-n-chip-cupcakes/