AD Fruit and Wild Rice Stuffed Cornish Hens

This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. #CheersToAPerfectPair #CollectiveBias Messaging below is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation.

These oven roasted Tyson� All Natural Premium Cornish Hens are perfect for holiday dinners! Stuffed with apples, cranberries, and wild rice with a balsamic glaze - your guests will be impressed for sure!




Cooking Cornish Hens with Fruit and Wild Rice Stuffing


I have extremely fond memories of the holidays at my house growing up. We always had new dresses that my sister and I couldn't wait to wear, and we always had the same food that we looked forward to enjoying year after year. My mom was big on sticking to the delicious regular holiday fare, and we were more than happy to enjoy it along with the rest of our family!

I remember one year in particular, my mom made each of us a Cornish hen for dinner. Now I will admit, I expected the usual turkey, sweet potatoes, potato rolls, and sparkling cider just like every other year. I'm surprised I wasn't actually upset when I realized that's what we weren't being served that year. Well, honestly, I must have absolutely loved the Cornish hens because I still remember it to this day!



Cooking Cornish Hens with Wild Rice



I couldn't get over how "cool" it was for each of us to have our own little "chicken" on the plate. I can even picture them sitting on my mom's white plates on our old dining room table in Philadelphia. That memory made an impression on me and I've been meaning to try Cornish hens in my own kitchen. I'm so glad I finally did!


Fruit and Wild Rice Stuffed Cornish Hens



Fruit and Wild Rice Stuffed Cornish Game Hen Recipe




These delicious Fruit & Wild Rice Stuffed Cornish Hens are the perfect alternative to traditional turkey or ham for your holiday dinners this year. If you're looking for something different to serve your friends and family with a serious WOW factor - you have certainly come to the right place!

yield: 6 cornish game hensprint recipe

Fruit and Wild Rice Stuffed Cornish Hens

Oven roasted cornish hens stuffed with wild rice, apples, cranberries, and dates.
prep time: 40 MINScook time: 1 hour and 20 MINStotal time: 1 hours and 60 mins

INGREDIENTS:

Cornish Hens & Stuffing
  • Tyson� All Natural Premium Cornish Hens
  • 2 1/2 cups water
  • 2 (4.3 oz) packages long grain & wild rice mix
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 2-3 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
  • 1/2 cup chopped dates
  • 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup orange juice or apple juice
  • baker's twine
Balsamic Glaze
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Remove Cornish hens from packaging. Rinse each and pat dry. Place breast side up in a large roasting pan.
  2. In a large skillet, stir together water, packages of rice and seasoning packets, butter, and celery. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for about 25 minutes or until rice and celery are tender.
  3. Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, stir together apples, dates, cranberries and juice. Add cooked rice mixture and stir to combine well.
  4. Stuff Tyson� All Natural Premium Cornish Hens full of rice mixture. Tie legs together with baker's twine.
  5. Melt butter and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Pour or baste over hens in roasting pan.
  6. Bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Allow hens to rest 10 minutes before removing twine and serving.
  7. If desired, pour remaining rice mixture into a 2 quart baking dish and place in oven during the last 20 minutes of baking time. Serve extra rice along with hens.
Created using The Recipes Generator


Cooking Cornish Hens with Fruit Stuffing



I honestly could not get enough bites of the juicy cooked meat along with the fruit & rice stuffing. It was so good - do NOT skip out on cooking the rest of the rice mixture in the oven while the hens finish off cooking - you're welcome in advance!


Best Cornish Hen Recipe



I was able to pick up a convenient 6 pack of Tyson All Natural Premium Cornish Hens during my last trip out to Sam's Club. Cornish hens might typically seem like an intimidating protein to cook at home, but I can assure you that is totally not the case! It's also a great option for holiday entertaining as well. They were super easy to find in the frozen section of the store. Sam's Club Cornish hens have 6 in a pack with Sam's Club instant savings offer of $3.75 off during the holiday season (10/26-11/20). Offer is limited, so hurry in!

Check out this link to find a Tyson Cornish Hen & Ravage Cabernet Sauvignon Sam's Club demo near you on 11/29/16! Also, click here for an instructional video on how to cook Cornish hens.



Fruit and Wild Rice Stuffed Cornish Hens Recipe