HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER BANANA COOKIES

These PEANUT BUTTER BANANA COOKIES are inspired from my obsession from my Best Ever Soft Peanut Butter Cookies. Not only do we love that recipe for peanut butter cookies, but as well as many of you. One of my top performing pins right now – those Peanut Butter Cookies are becoming a household favorite for many of you.

It was actually a reader’s comment that made me switch up the recipe for my peanut butter cookies to make these PEANUT BUTTER BANANA COOKIES. They mentioned in their comments that they reduced the brown and granulated sugars, increased the peanut butter and added a banana. I meant to follow their directions and my recipe to a T so that I could recreate and try it.

Sadly, I didn’t follow my own recipe directions and unknowing omitted the butter. Now upon first bite, I was like holy cow I can really taste the banana. I felt like i had missed and ingredient, but they raised more like a muffin than a cookie. But they were oh, so soft and the banana & peanut butter really shined. So I just didn’t think more about it.

Then when I came to write the recipe was when I realized I left out the butter. EEK!

BUT when I added the nutritional content to these cookies, they came out to only 112 calories per cookie! So I was like heck yes, they were just right then. Making a snack that is one of my kids favorite without overloading them granulated sugar in the afternoon before dinner.

Jersey and her friends ate these right before yoga and Zumba, to which they stretched and danced their hearts out for over an hour and 45 minutes.  They usually instantly complain about being  starving, but there was none of that this time. These cookies held them over – double win!


Ingredients

  • 1 1/3 cup peanut butter use upto 1 1/2 cups
  • 1/2 cup ripen bananas 1 - 1 1/2 bananas
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.

In a small bowl, using a fork smash the banana(s) so that the mixture becomes creamy and smooth.

*

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, bananas, sugar and brown sugar. Beat together until smooth & creamy best if using a stand mixer or hand mixer.

Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix until well combined.

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until well combined.

Using a cookie dough scooper or making the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in white granulated sugar if you desire and place on to baking sheet.

Using a fork, press down on each ball of dough to slightly flatten and creating a criss-cross pattern.

Bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.

These keep well for a couple of days in an airtight container.

Recipe Notes
Recipe adapted from Best Ever Soft Peanut Butter Cookies.

thanks done share recipes to : https://www.dashofsanity.com/healthy-peanut-butter-banana-cookies/