KANSAS CITY DIRT CAKE

I know I’ve shared this before, but I love OREOS. I’m not a fan of eating them by themselves but they are probably my favorite ingredient to add to desserts. They make everything so yummy!! They make today’s recipe a family favorite that we’ve made ever since I was little – It’s called Kansas City Dirt Cake. I’m not sure where we found the original recipe, but it’s one we’ve been making for family get togethers for as long as I can remember, and it’s one we still make all the time for holidays and special occasions.

Yes, this is called Dirt Cake, but for some reason when we first got the recipe it was called Kansas City Dirt Cake. I was heard that’s because Kansas City is made up of a lot of dirt, but no matter the reason this cake is amazing. Everyone loves it!


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 package Oreos
  • 1 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (softened)
  • ½ cup Margarine or butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 large container cool whip (16 ounces)
  • 2 boxes INSTANT white chocolate or vanilla pudding
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Crush ⅔ package of Oreos and place in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
  2. Mix cream cheese and margarine (or butter) until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar and fold in whipped topping. Set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl mix pudding, milk and vanilla. Fold this mixture in with the cream cheese mixture.
  4. Pour over crumb mixture.
  5. Sprinkle with the reserve crushed Oreos. Let set for a few hours and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.


thanks done share recipes to : https://lilluna.com/kansas-city-dirt-cake/