Christmas Monster Cookies

This recipe for Christmas Monster Cookies uses peanut butter cookie mix, sugar cookie mix, oats, and festive M&M's for a one-bowl batch of cookies baked up in no time!

I shared with you a version of these cookies back in August - Lunch Box Monster Cookies. And I remember thinking as I watched them disappear from the container within DAYS that these would make an awesome, super easy Christmas cookie with a few tweaks.

Sugar cookies and Christmas go together like peanut butter and chocolate, am I right?! I think everyone is searching for an awesome sugar cookie recipe this time of the year - check out my Cream Cheese Cutout Cookies post from last week for my favorite sugar cookie recipe. Though, I really wanted to come up with another, super festive cookie that is really simple for the kiddos to help with - or even bake it completely themselves. My middle little boy Wesley seems to be VERY interested in cooking these days and I *try* my best to have him help me with dinner a night or two each week. He's only 5 years old now so I don't trust him with the hot oven, but I can totally imagine in a few years just giving him the ingredients for these yummy monster cookies and having him make some great cookie gifts for his teachers. How fun!

I don't know what it is, but when Christmas time rolls around I suddenly want to buy all the red & green candies at the drugstore! I'm so tempted to snag festive bags of M&M's and Kisses - this is a great way to incorporate your favorite treats into a fun cookie!


yield: 5 dozen cookies (depending on cookie size)print recipe

Christmas Monster Cookies

A simple Christmas cookie recipe using peanut butter cookie mix, sugar cookie mix, oats, and M&M candies.
prep time: 10 MINScook time: 11 MINStotal time: 21 mins

INGREDIENTS:

  • 17 oz pkg sugar cookie mix pouch, dry
  • 17 oz pkg peanut butter cookie mix pouch, dry
  • 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups Christmas colored M&Ms

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. In a large bowl, stir together cookie mixes and oats.
  2. Add in softened butter and eggs. Stir well with a large spoon until a thick dough forms.
  3. Fold in M&M's. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lined cookie sheets. Flatten cookies slightly with the back of a drinking glass, if desired.
  4. Bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks and store in an airtight container.
Created using The Recipes Generator


How colorful and festive are these beauties? Keep them out on a cookie tray on your counter for crispy, crunchy cookies, or keep them in a sealed container to keep their chewy texture. These would be great in a cellophane bag with a few extra candies and a fun ribbon - makes a great teacher gift!



Christmas Recipe for Monster Cookies