Strawberry Oreo BonBons

The first time I had some Oreo BonBons I about died and went to heaven.  Something about the flavors of the Oreos and the cream cheese and the almond bark…they go perfectly together.  I’ve made them almost every year since I first had one 20 years or so ago.

But last year, I was feeling creative. I wanted something new and different and I was craving chocolate covered strawberries. Then it hit me!  Strawberry Oreo BonBons!  I think I’m onto something here because they have been requested so many times by my family and friends that I just keep making them! Y’all, they are just as easy to make as the original with no extra ingredients!  Shocker!


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 bag Oreo Cookies
  • 1 8 oz container strawberry cream cheese (not whipped), softened
  • 1 package almond bark chocolate
  • 1/2 cup red candy melts

DIRECTIONS
Crumb Oreo Cookies in food processor. Pour crumbs in large bowl. Beat in little chunks of the softened cream cheese until mixture resembles a thick paste. Add a splash of milk or heavy cream if needed.

Use a small (size 60) cookie scoop to scoop out mixture onto a pan lined with parchment paper (or roll into 1 inch sized balls).  Place in freezer for 30 minutes.

Melt almond bark. Dip cold balls into melted chocolate and return to parchment paper. Heat red candy melts and drizzle over the balls.  Place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to cool and harden and then enjoy.  Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
by Wendy O'Neal

Thanks done share recipes to : https://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/strawberry-oreo-bonbons/