Hot Fudge Swirled Red Velvet Brownies

You all know that I would never turn up my nose at a cake mix recipe. Especially when it comes to red velvet. But I happen to have a very soft spot in my heart (and tummy) for these made-from-scratch red velvet brownies.

I based today’s fudgy swirled goodness on that very recipe. ❤

I made a couple of little tweaks to the original recipe. For one, I didn’t go to the trouble of browning the butter this time. I just gave it a quick little nuke to melt it down, and that was good enough for the chewy, fudgy texture I wanted to achieve here.

Second, obviously, I swirled copious amounts of hot fudge sauce throughout. 😍

I love this Smucker’s brand of hot fudge. Hands down my favorite! Rich, chocolate flavor and a dreamy texture to work with when it comes to swirling :)

Like so…


INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/4 cups salted butter, melted
  • 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp red velvet food coloring
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 6 heaping tablespoons of hot fudge sauce

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray and lining with parchment paper (optional, but I like to do it so I can lift the brownies right out of the dish).
  3. Beat the butter, sugar, and cocoa powder until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing in between each addition until almost creamy.
  4. Add the salt, buttermilk, red food coloring, and vanilla.
  5. Add the flour mix well. Batter will be thick.
  6. Use a sturdy rubber spatula to spread batter in the 9x13 pan. As pictured in the post, spoon the hot fudge onto the brownie batter, evenly spaced apart. Use a knife or spatula to swirl.
  7. Bake for 30-35 minutes until, edges are pulling away and brownies appear set in the middle.
  8. Let cool, then cut into 2" squares to serve.


Thanks done share recipes to : https://www.somethingswanky.com/hot-fudge-swirled-red-velvet-brownies/