Classic Vanilla Cupcakes from Scratch

Today we are going super classic with these straight up vanilla cupcakes and my favorite vanilla buttercream.

I think people always expect me to have some super crazy candy-laden favorite dessert recipe, but my favorites are always the simple classics. Chocolate chip cookies, frosted brownies, and vanilla cupcakes are my jam. I even prefer a good vanilla bean ice cream to any other 😍.

It’s not that I don’t enjoy a good dessert loaded down with all the stuff. But if I’m given the option, I’ll go for something more on the simple side every time. These vanilla cupcakes being at the top of my list!

This is the recipe I’ve been making for almost 6 years now, ever since I thought I wanted to sell cupcakes for a living. See this post.

Fortunately, I discovered recipe blogging so that I can share this baker’s staple with you! It’s soft and fluffy and loaded with vanilla flavor. And smothered in my favorite creamiest, rich vanilla buttercream! I use a little bit of sour cream to really bring the moist factor. And the other secret ingredient I love is this vanilla crush:


INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup(1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened

1-1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla paste or extract

2-1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

2-1/2 cups flour

1-1/4 cups milk

1 Recipe Vanilla Buttercream

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well in between each addition.

Add the vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk. Mix just until batter forms.

Line or grease 2 cupcake pans and divide batter evenly among the cups.

Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.

Frost with my favorite Vanilla Buttercream Frosting!

Thanks done share recipes to : https://www.somethingswanky.com/classic-vanilla-cupcakes-from-scratch/