WHITE CHOCOLATE COVERED CANDIED GRAPEFRUIT PEEL RECIPE

White Chocolate Covered Candied Grapefruit Peel Recipe. Bitter sweet grapefruit peel candied to perfection and dipped in sweet, creamy white chocolate.


I found these beautiful grapefruits the other day and couldn’t resist. Grapefruit is one of my all time favorite fruits, I could seriously eat 3 a day and not get sick of them. My original plan was to make a grapefruit curd and I did the unthinkable and cooked my eggs in the grapefruit mixture. It was heartbreaking, at this point I was out of grapefruit and all that beautiful juice just wasted. So plan b to recoup some of the cost, I made White Chocolate Covered Candied Grapefruit Peel.

Candied grapefruit peel is a wonderfully bright, yet bitter treat. It happens to be one of my favorites and one of the reasons is that its very contradictory. On one hand its has sweet notes and the other very bitter notes. I rolled the candied peels in sugar, it provides a little more sweetness but I also love the light crust and crunch it provides. To really balance things out I dipped one end in white chocolate.


INGREDIENTS

  • 2 large grapefruits
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • ½ cup granulated sugar (for coating)
  • 2 cups melted white chocolate

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cut grapefruit peel into strips and leave ¼ inch of the pith attached to the peel.
  2. Put peel in small sauce pan.
  3. Cover with cold water.
  4. Bring to a boil, drain, repeat two more times.
  5. Bring peel, 1 cup sugar and ½ cup water to a boil.
  6. Reduce to a simmer until peel is translucent, about 20 minutes.
  7. Drain, lay out on wire rack to cool and dry, about 4 hours.
  8. Toss in sugar, let set.
  9. Dip one end in melted chocolate and lay on parchment lined cookie sheet.
  10. Let set in cool dry place, until chocolate is fully set.


thanks done share recipes to : www.thesugarcoatedcottage.com/white-chocolate-covered-candied-grapefruit-peel-recipe/