REESE’S PIECES DOUBLE FUDGE BROWNIE RECIPE

Reese’s Pieces Double Fudge Brownie Recipe. My childhood favorite candy, Reese’s Pieces, folded into deep dark fudge brownies and then sprinkled on top of fudgy frosting.


I was shopping for our daughters easter basket when I saw them, the candy I loved most as a kid. Reese’s Pieces in Easter egg form. I stood there for second wondering, “are these new or have I just missed them all these years?” . I had to show my husband, he agreed he had never seen them before this Easter. So either we are both missing out or this is the greatest new addition to Easter since the Whopper eggs.

Funny story, embarrassing but funny! When I was in 7th grade (so about 13 years old) my friend and I walked to the local quick pick store for candy. The candy was behind the register and we had to ask the clerk to hand us what we wanted. I saw the orange bag of Reese’s Pieces and knew that was what I was getting. When it came time to tell the clerk which candy I wanted I pointed and without hesitation said, “the Reese’s Penis’s please….”. In that very moment as that out of no where, taboo word came out of my mouth I could feel my face and neck turn 5 shades of red. My friend whipped her head around and started to giggle, stunned of course. I apologized to the clerk and corrected myself but couldn’t look her in the eyes. After paying I ran out of that store so fast, as soon as we were out the door my friend and I started laughing so hard. Considering my age and innocence I could’ve died of embarrassment in that moment and I think of it every time I have Reese’s Pieces lol.


INGREDIENTS
BROWNIE:

  • 1⅓ cups granulated sugar
  • ⅓ light brown sugar
  • ¾ cup melted butter
  • 2 Tbsp peanut butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 tsp vanilla
  • 1⅓ cup all purpose flour
  • ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp Hershey Special Dark cocoa powder
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 cup rough chopped Reese's Pieces Eggs (rest of the bag for garnish on top)

FROSTING:

  • ¼ cup milk
  • ¼ cup butter
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • ¾ cups chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Line 8x8 pan with parchment paper
  3. In large bowl combine and stir the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
  4. In mixing bowl add sugars, butter, vanilla, peanut butter and mix.
  5. Add the eggs and mix well to combine.
  6. Slowly add in the flour mixture.
  7. Mix until well combined.
  8. By hand fold in rough chopped Reese's Pieces eggs.
  9. Pour batter into pan and spread with off-set spatula or regular spatula.
  10. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out a little sticky.
  11. Frost while brownie is warm and sprinkle with chopped Reese's Pieces eggs.
  12. Cool and then cut into squares the size you need.
  13. Store in an airtight container in cool place.

FROSTING:

  1. Combine butter, milk and sugar in small sauce pan
  2. Over medium heat bring to a boil and let boil for about 60 seconds.
  3. Remove from heat and add vanilla and chocolate.
  4. Whisk until smooth and shiny and all chocolate is melted.
  5. Pour warm frosting over warm brownie.
  6. Garnish with chopped Reese's Pieces eggs.
  7. Let cool completely.

NOTES

  • If you cannot find the Reese's Pieces eggs you can use standard Reese's Pieces, no need to chop. 
  • I used Hersheys Special Dark Cocoa powder which gave the deep dark color to the brownie. If using a standard cocoa powder the color will not be as dark.


thanks done share recipes to : www.thesugarcoatedcottage.com/reeses-pieces-double-fudge-brownie-recipe/