Strawberry and Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie Popsicles

Heeeeey, I have something a little nerdy and a lot delicious to start off your Monday!

It’s been a little while since I’ve posted a nerdy recipe. After my Creepy Recipes From Fiction series (Sanguinaccio Dolce and Game of Thrones Frey Pie, anyone?) back in October, it’s been quiet on the nerdy front, but not any longer, because I’m sharing an X-men-inspired recipe today!!

My friend Heather is hosting Fandom Foodies this month over at Food ‘n Flix Club (you can read more about Fandom Foodies in my Apple Pie Cupcakes Post), and in honor of Logan coming out a few weeks ago, she chose X-men for March’s theme. That means there is an entire round up of X-men-themed food happening over on her site right now. Go and check out all the other recipes!

I wasn’t a kid who watched the animated X-men series growing up, but I am a fan of the X-men movies, especially First Class. When the theme was announced, I knew immediately what I was going to make: a chess pie, because the scenes where Erik and Charles sit around and chat over a game of chess are basically the best parts of the movies in any timeline (or with either set of Erik and Charles).


Ingredients

  • Special Equipment
  • Blender
  • Popsicle mold*
  • Popsicle sticks
  • Strawberry Layer
  • 1 1/2 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
  • 1  (5 to 6-ounce) container sweetened yogurt (any complementary flavor*)
  • 1  tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • Blueberry Layer
  • 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
  • 1/2 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
  • 1  (5 to 6-ounce) container sweetened yogurt (any complementary flavor)
  • 1  tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice


Instructions
Combine strawberry layer ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Divide among popsicle molds.

Repeat with the blueberry layer, making sure to leave a little space at the top for the popsicles to expand. Add sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours.

Run mold under warm water and gently remove popsicles. Wrap individually in freezer or parchment paper and store in an air-tight container or freezer bag. Enjoy!

Recipe Notes
If you use frozen fruit and your blender is struggling, you can add liquid (water, milk, juice) a teaspoon at a time until the mixture blends.

*If you don't have a popsicle mold, this is the one I own. I've had it for nearly a year now, and I've been very happy with it!

*I used vanilla yogurt.

Thanks done share recipes to : https://bakingmischief.com/2017/03/27/strawberry-and-blueberry-yogurt-smoothie-popsicles/