irish car bomb brownies

It’s about to get real St. Patrick’s Day up in here.   My little Irish heart loves this holiday and all the food, festivities and ahem drinking shenanigans involved.

I’m an Irish girl through and through. My maiden name is Gaelic and use to include a “Mc” in the beginning of it but when they got off the boat, the “Mc” was left off.  My first name, Megan is Welsh but the spelling of Meghan is Irish…go figure!  I have red hair, pale skin and blue eyes. I mentioned in my very first recipe (Strawberry White Chocolate Blondies), how much I hated my red hair when I was younger, as I would get teased about it because it was so different from all the other blonde and brunettes in school.  Now as a thirty something year old, I love and appreciate my hair color and most likely won’t dye it until I need to.

My poor children inherited 2/3 of my Irish traits; pale skin and blue eyes. While I’m proud they’re Irish, I wish they would have gotten their father’s skin complexion.  Lifetime stock of sunscreen in this household!

We also named our son, Aiden.  (Yes, we spelled it was an “e”)  I knew from high school that if I ever had a son, his name would be Aiden.  Aiden is Gaelic, meaning Little Fire and our little boy was born with a touch of red hair that has since disappeared (sad day).  I always wanted a red-headed little boy and if my husband didn’t like it, it would have been a deal breaker.  LOL!  I named our son and he named our daughter, fair enough deal.

Anyways, enough about my Irish family, let’s talk about chocolate brownies, more specifically these Irish Car Bomb Brownies- YESS!!  These brownies are the bomb, literally!  For years, I’ve been making Brown Eyed Baker’s Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes  They’re amazing, people.  I wasn’t about to just replicate the recipe and attach an “adapted from” on it.  So using the same idea of Guinness, Jameson and Baileys, I set out to try and develop a recipe using the same ingredients to make an Irish Car Bomb dessert.

Say hello to, Irish Car Bomb Brownies.  Also, a quick google search will indeed tell you I am not the brain child of this idea.  Dammit.  I literally hate when I have a fantastic idea and google pops up with 763,000 results. BUT my version is the BEST.  Isn’t that what everyone says?!


Ingredients
Guinness Brownie Layer

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks, divided
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup Guinness
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Jameson Ganache Layer

5 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp salted butter,
2 tbsp Jameson whiskey
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Baileys Buttercream Frosting Layer

1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions

Guinness Brownie Layer
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9x9 pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper for easy removal.
Combine flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, brown sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
Place 1/2 cup chocolate into a heat proof bowl and microwave until melted.  Whisk in butter, vanilla and Guinness.  Add eggs, one at a time and whisk until combined.
Fold in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chunks.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
Jameson Ganache Layer

Once the brownies have cooled start by placing your chocolate into a medium size bowl and microwave until melted.
Whisk in butter, whiskey and powdered sugar.
Let set for a minute and then spread evenly over brownies.  Allow to set up, about 5 minutes.
Baileys Buttercream Frosting Layer

In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or into a large bowl, add in your softened butter and whip, scraping down the sides every minute, for 5 minutes.
Using 1/2 cup at a time, add in your powdered sugar.
Once all the powdered sugar has been incorporated add in your Baileys and vanilla extract.
If the frosting is not to your desired consistency and you'd like it thinner, gradually add in a teaspoon of milk until you've reach your desired consistency
Spread frosting on top of the ganache layer and cut into 12 equal squares.

thanks done share recipes to : https://www.strawberryblondiekitchen.com/irish-car-bomb-brownies/