CHEESY PESTO BREAD

This recipe is easy peasy and came to me on the fly. I had no intention of making it. I love pesto though and of course, I love bread.  It created a delish side to our salad meal the other night. And everyone in the family loved it including my 15 year old whom I didn’t even know liked pesto.

Just a FYI. You may want to double this recipe if you have pesto fans or if you have cheese fans or if you have bread fans. But especially if you have all 3 in your house!

Bake and look for golden brown and melty cheese.

Serve to the deserving hungry mouths. And watch the smile come across their face. You’ve just made the day a bit brighter.

Feel free to swap out for a different cheese. I think mozzarella would work wonderfully too. Or sprinkle with your own essence of herb mixture. Next time I may even try grilling it for a fresh charred taste. The possibilities are endless!

And don’t forget if you have the time for homemade Italian bread, it’s so delicious! And of course it’s my preference but I know we don’t always have time for it. So just use what you have.


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 loaf Italian bread divided
  • 4 ounces pesto homemade or jarred
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Slice Italian bread in half. Save half for later or freeze.
  3. Spread Pesto over bread. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian Seasoning. Bake for20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is crisp on the edges. Slice and serve.


thanks done share recipes to : https://gatherforbread.com/cheesy-pesto-bread/