SEMI-HOMEMADE CARAMEL MARSHMALLOW CRUNCH BROWNIES

Good lord these semi-homemade caramel marshmallow crunch brownies are good.  I can even really begin to explain how good.  You’ll just have to try them for yourself.  I recommend making them while no one is around.  Don’t even tell anyone.  Because once you taste one you’ll realize that you are not willing to share.  You just want them all.  For yourself.  Find a good hiding place.  Put them there.

The boyfriend loves brownies.  I’ve never been much of a brownie person myself, as I much prefer to eat a lemon bar.  However, I am working on my status of best girlfriend.  It’s not going super well seeing as I just forgot his birthday last week, but what’s a girl to do?  I make brownies.

When I made these semi-homemade Caramel Marshmallow Crunch Brownies, I did not intend to make them for myself.  It was truly a selfless act, I mean with the forgotten birthday and all.  WAS.  So of course, when you finish baking, you’ve got to try your creation.

As I’m putting the brownies on a plate for photos, I take a little piece here and there and BAM…I realized I just made the most awesome brownies.

So what am I to do here?  At the time, I had not yet disclosed to the boyfriend that I was making said brownies.  AND, he had to be out of town unexpectedly for a couple days.  There’s nothing wrong with eating a pan of brownies yourself right?  I mean, if no one is watching, it didn’t really happen right?  Like the tree in the forest?  I could always just make another batch, right?

BUT, I was good.  I did not eat all the brownies.  Only one.  Ok two.  And a half.  But that’s it.  I promise!  I made a resolution that when I got back from vacation in early July that I needed to lose just a few pounds.  You know those vacation pounds, right?  They’ve got to go.

So I did not eat the whole pan.  Plus, again, the forgotten birthday.  I needed to redeem myself somehow.

Now, these semi-homemade Caramel Marshmallow Crunch Brownies are pretty damn easy to make.  I call them semi-homemade because I use Ghirardelli Chocolate DOUBLE CHOCOLATE Brownie Mix 18oz. (2 Boxes).  My favorite brownie mix.  I use the same mix in all my semi-homemade brownies.  Don’t get me wrong, brownies made from scratch are awesome too, but I think this mix is one of the best.  And it makes it just so easy.  And how fun is it to focus your time on being creative with your brownies?  It’s fun.  Believe me.


Ingredients

  • Box Ghiradelli Double Chocolate brownie mix prepared according to package
  • 6 oz. marshmallow fluff or mini marshmallows
  • 6 oz. vanilla caramels
  • 3 tbsp. whipping cream
  • 1 cup rice crispies
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp coarse sea salt optional

Instructions

  1. Make the brownie mix according to the package.  
  2. Pour half the mix in a greased 8x8 metal baking pan.  
  3. Melt the marshmallow fluff in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.  Watch it because it will blow up if you heat it too long.  
  4. Pour the melted marshmallow on top of the brownie mix and spread in an even layer.  
  5. Place the unwrapped caramels and whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat, stirring very 30 seconds, until smooth.  
  6. Pour the caramel on top of the marshmallow.  
  7. OPTIONAL: sprinkle sea salt over caramel.  
  8. Pour the rice crispies on top of the caramel.  
  9. Cool for about 1 hour in refrigerator.  
  10. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.  
  11. Cover the caramel layer with the remaining brownie mix and bake for 40 minutes.
  12. Cool fully then slice.
  13. Attempt to not eat the whole pan.


Thanks done share recipes to : www.wenthere8this.com/semi-homemade-caramel-marshmallow-crunch-brownies/