PEPPERMINT CANDY CANE BUNDT CAKE

Thanksgiving is over and I’m ready to move on to all things peppermint, starting with a peppermint candy cane bundt cake . You probably saw this one coming.

I’ll be honest. I’m not much of a fan of the holidays. I don’t like forced engagements with people other than those I choose to hang out with, i.e work holiday parties. As much as I like food, I hate the guilt that comes along with the indulgent eating this time of the year, and more than anything else, I just hate winter. Namely, the dark days and the cold temps.

For me, the one redeeming quality of the holidays is the abundance of candy canes. I love candy canes! Not only are they my favorite holiday treat, but I’ll let you in on a little secret. I like to buy up all the candy canes after Christmas when they’re on sale for under a dollar, then eat them all spring long. I’m definitely not trying to hold on to the holiday spirit, I’m just enjoying my favorite minty snack.

The only way to make candy canes any better is to crush them up on top of a bundt cake, so that’s exactly what I did.

This peppermint candy cane bundt cake is so festive and easy to make. I just doctored a boxed cake mix with a little vanilla extract, peppermint extract and food coloring and called it a day.

Another thing that bothers me about the holidays is all the things that get added to my to-do list. Shopping, wrapping, shipping, hostess gifts, potlucks…..ugh. I need SIMPLICITY people!! I thrive when I go about life at my own, manageable schedule. No extras, no surprises.

Yeah, yeah, I know I’m a grinch.


Ingredients

  • 1 box white cake mix
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp peppermint extract
  • 1 oz bottle red food coloring
  • For the glaze
  • 1 cup confectioners sugar
  • 3-4 Tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1 tsp peppermint extract
  • Crushed candy canes for garnish

Instructions

  1. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
  2. Divide batter into 2 bowls. In the first bowl, stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. In the second bowl, stir in 2 teaspoons peppermint extract and 1 oz bottle of red food coloring until well combined.
  3. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Begin layering each batter in thin layers, alternating until the pan is full. Bake according to cake mix instructions until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  4. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a plate and cool completely.
  5. To make the glaze
  6. Whisk together confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon peppermint extract. Whisk in heavy cream, one Tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
  7. Pour over cooled cake and top with crushed candy canes.


Thanks done share recipes to : https://betsylife.com/peppermint-candy-cane-bundt-cake/#_a5y_p=3062529