Maraschino Cherry Cookies

These Maraschino Cherry Cookies are so pretty and so yummy! Chopped maraschino cherries with shortbread cookie dough and miniature chocolate chips - these little cookies are addictive!



maraschino cherry cookies





So here we are, Christmas 2017 is in exactly one week - I can hardly believe it! I'm also quite proud of myself for not indulging in sweet treats nearly as much as I usually do this year. I've made some healthy and sugar free treats to grab for when I'm tempted. But I have three little boys who need cookies at Christmas - I mean, I just have to make a few batches for them - and for Santa, too. I've actually been making these Maraschino Cherry Cookies for a few years now and I can't believe it's been this long without sharing the recipe for these cookies with you!

The original recipe here on Taste of Home (one of my favorite recipe websites that I use for inspiration) was good, but it wasn't great. I really didn't like the huge chocolate kiss in the center of the cookie, mainly because the cherry shortbread cookie dough was SO GOOD on it's own. I wanted to downplay the chocolate a little and take the cherry part up a notch, and these amazing little cookies were born!


maraschino cherry shortbread cookies




Read more �