Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Caramel Glaze





These donuts are so simple. So delicious. I will be the first to say that when it comes to donuts, I can be a donut purist: I want a FRIED yeasted or cake donut. I don�t discriminate between the two because sometimes I�m in the mood for one over the other.

But let�s talk about baked donuts. I don�t necessarily think they make up for fried donuts. They really don�t. However! They deserve a spot among all the other desserts. They are simple, taste wonderful, are easily customizable. And my favorite part: I�m not beholden to a pot of hot oil! Because first, I don�t necessarily have time to fry all sorts of things right now. More importantly, I have a little munchkin at my feet. So all the oil freaks me out.

If you�ve never tried making baked donuts, I like to almost say it�s as if you were making muffins. First, the texture is similar! Second, you mix wet into dry, pour the batter into the mold, and bake for around 15 minutes.

All that�s left after that is to whip up your glaze and, well, good luck trying to not eat that with a spoon.

It�s super addictive.

Recipe >> Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Caramel Glaze @ averiecooks.com