Ultra Crispy Smashed Potatoes

I haven�t fifty-fifty been inwards Nippon for 24 hours yet, as well as already had some pretty impressive Travel Fails. It all started dorsum inwards Sydney, when I was bragging virtually how calorie-free my suitcase was. �It�s because I�m an efficient packer,�, I said smugly, multiple times.

As nosotros strode through the aerodrome to the cheque inwards counter, I marvelled at the luxury of moving thus freely when I�m unremarkably weighed downwards past times multiple bags.

I�m nevertheless astounded how far through the aerodrome I got earlier it dawned on me. �OMG�, I said, my seem upwardly draining. �I LEFT MY SUITCASE ON THE SIDEWALK!!� I yelled equally I sprinted dorsum across the airport, out to where the Uber dropped us, relieved beyond words to meet my suitcase was nevertheless in that place alongside a nearby safety guard eyeing the unattended suitcase suspiciously � as well as rightfully so!

Travel Fail # two was fifty-fifty to a greater extent than impressive. It may guide hold involved me leaving my ski handbag on the luggage carousel at Tokyo airport. It may guide hold also involved me non realising until the adjacent day, when nosotros were literally only virtually to board the bullet educate to the snow. It may guide hold involved everyone else going ahead to the snowfall without me piece I went aaaaalll the means dorsum to the aerodrome to fetch my ski boots.


Travel Fail #3 was non thus much epic equally it was embarrassing because it occurred inwards a world environment. In the fully booked limited educate dorsum to the airport, my suitcase alongside its super wheels that �roll oh-so-smoothly, I beloved this suitcase!�, took it upon itself to scroll all the means downwards the wagon equally the educate accelerated. Then me chasing afterwards it, except the strap of my handbag got caught on an armrest, bringing me to an acute halt.

Ingredients
700 g / 1.4 lb minor potatoes (Note 1)
50 g / iii tbsp unsalted butter , melted
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt as well as pepper
Finely chopped parsley , optional garnish

Instructions

Bring a pot of H2O to the boil. Cook potatoes until soft - minor ones should guide hold around xx to 25 minutes, large ones powerfulness guide hold xxx minutes. It's ok if the pare splits. Alternatively, steam or microwave them.
Preheat oven to 180C/350F (standard) or 160C/320F (fan / convection).
Drain the potatoes as well as allow them dry out inwards the colander for v minutes or so.
Place on the tray as well as thus purpose a large fork or tater masher to squish them, keeping them inwards 1 piece. Thin = crisper. More nubbly surface = ameliorate crunch!

Leave on the tray to steam dry out for v minutes or thus - makes them crispier!

Drizzle alongside butter, as well as thus only a chip of olive fossil oil (about 1/4 tsp on each). Sprinkle alongside tabular array salt as well as pepper.
Bake for xl minutes or until deep golden as well as crispy. Do non flip!
Serve hot, sprinkled alongside parsley if desired.

Recipe Notes

1. I've used a diversity of potatoes over the years as well as this plant slap-up alongside all types, including babe potatoes. High starch potatoes volition yield a fluffier inside, whereas waxy potatoes are a chip less fluffy but are form of creamy. You'll beloved both!

You tin brand these alongside smaller or medium potatoes. Small ones - size of a golf game ball or smaller - volition come upwardly out crisper (like finger food, y'all tin pick them up), whereas larger ones guide hold the same crispiness on the surface but y'all teach to a greater extent than fluffy tater on the within because they don't teach squished equally thinly. I similar them both ways!

2. Flavourings: If y'all add together garlic or dried herbs into the butter, it has a vogue to strength out thus y'all terminate upwardly alongside dark bits as well as they tin last bitter. If you're actually keen for garlic flavour, purpose the side of your knife to strike two cloves thus they outburst open. Place inwards minor saucepan alongside butter as well as melt, as well as thus teach out to infuse alongside garlic flavour. Discard cloves as well as maintain alongside recipe.

For herbs, add together a generous amount (dried or fresh) into the pot of boiling H2O thus the potatoes teach infused alongside herb flavour. Discard herbs as well as maintain alongside recipe.

3. Nutrition per potato, assuming 12 potatoes.

Thanks done portion recipes to : https://www.recipetineats.com/crispy-smashed-potatoes/