Hawaiian Wedding Cake

Many, many moons ago when I was going to cooking school, I spent my last term interning as a cake decorator at a local bakery. And when I say interning, I mean I got 2 days of training and then was set free to be THE cake decorator for the entire shop. No pressure, right?

The first few weeks were a little bit sketchy, but for the most part, I was able to hold my own when orders came in. That is until we got an order for 26, 10” 6 layer dessert cakes that were all different flavors due the next day.

Dessert cakes are super easy to decorate but the most time-consuming part was making all of the mousses, fillings and whipped creams they needed. I usually kept a good supply of baked cakes in the freezer to pull out and decorate as needed, but this time my stash was completely depleted and I needed to bake the cakes too.

Oy.

If you’ve ever decorated a cake, you know that you typically end up with a nice little pile of cake scraps from leveling it off.

Having made so many cakes my pile wasn’t so little anymore and quickly grew into a mountain of fierce temptation. I hadn’t stopped for lunch and dinner time had passed and my mountain was magically disappearing. It turned out that little bits of chocolate cake topped with dabs of fresh raspberry mousse tasted pretty darn good and I was stressed out.

So, I ate it.

I ate lots of it.


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple,
  • drained w/ juice reserved
  • 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla
  • pudding mix
  • 2 C cold milk (2% fat or higher)
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 2 C whipping cream
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2-1 cup flaked coconut, toasted

DIRECTIONS

  1. Drain pineapple, and reserve the juice. Set aside.
  2. Prepare the cake according to the packaged directions, using pineapple juice instead of water. Bake in a 9x13” pan. Let cool completely.
  3. Once cool, use a wooden skewer to poke holes all over the entire cake.
  4. Spread the drained pineapple over the top of the cake and set aside.
  5. In an electric mixer, beat whipping cream and sugar until medium-stiff peaks form and transfer into a large bowl.
  6. In an electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add the milk a little at a time, beating until smooth between each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl frequently.
  7. When all the milk has been added, mix in the pudding mix and beat for 2 minutes. Gently fold the pudding mixture into the whipped cream, mixing until combined.
  8. Spread mixture evenly over the top of the pineapple. Top the cake with toasted coconut, chill, and serve!


Thanks done share recipes to : https://heatherlikesfood.com/hawaiian-wedding-cake/