Matcha Mini Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Covered Strawberries

I don’t mean to brag or anything, but I am quite proud of these mini green tea cheesecakes and I am so happy to share the recipe with you. What we have here are a dozen Matcha mini cheesecakes with an oreo cookie crust and white chocolate covered strawberries, which I finally drizzled with some chocolate ganache. Well that’s a mouthful, no pun intended.

This is the first time I baked anything with Matcha Green Tea Powder and I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. But I’ve been looking for an excuse to use the box of oreo cookie baking crumbs and I desperately needed an excuse to cover some strawberries in chocolate. This is what I dream about at night, how sad is that! Now if you’ve never had a green tea dessert like green tea ice cream, you are in for a treat, but I will tell you this. Green tea cheesecake tastes like green tea! No big surprise there. For some reason hubs was fooled by the color and even though I told him it was green tea cheesecake, he saw it green and thought it was going to taste either minty or like pistachios. Ah, NO! It’s a green tea cheesecake, it tastes like green tea. But I absolutely loved it. It goes really great with the oreo cookie crust and the chocolate covered strawberries. I’m so in love with this cheesecake, I’m going to go as far as saying it’s a healthy dessert. Well we all know the health benefits of green tea such as it fights cancer and speeds up your metabolism, so why not!

To be honest, the reason I wanted to make mini cheesecakes again is because I needed an excuse to use this mini cheesecake pan. Ever since I’ve made my Hawaiian Cheesecake bites I’ve been dying to come up with another recipe just so I can use this pan again. I love it. So simple to use and you end up with perfect little cheesecake bites every time.


Ingredients

  • For Crust
  • 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies 4.8 oz or 135 g
  • 2 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
  • For Cheesecake
  • 16 oz cream cheese 2 pkg, at room temperature
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs at room temperature
  • 2 tbsp matcha green tea powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • For Strawberries
  • 12 strawberries with stems on
  • 1 cup chocolate chips white
  • Chocolate Ganache
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 4 oz chocolate chips semisweet

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
  2. In a bowl mix together the oreo cookie crumbs with the butter. Divide the mixture equally into each cup in the pan and press down. Bake for 7 minutes.
  3. Reduce heat to 300 F degrees.
  4. Add the cream cheese and sugar to the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth for about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing. Add matcha green tea powder and vanilla extract and mix until fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
  5. Spoon cheesecake batter into each cup and fill to the top. There should be enough batter for all 12 cups.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Refrigerate cheesecake for a couple hours.
  7. Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt it in the microwave in 30 second intervals. After each 30 seconds stir the chocolate. Mine took about 1 min and 30 seconds to melt. Dip each strawberry in the white chocolate and carefully place over top of each cheesecake.
  8. In a small sauce pan add the heavy cream, chocolate chips and cook it over a double boiler over boiling water until smooth and warm. You will need to stir occasionally, this won't take long to make, under 5 minutes. Let cool completely. Drizzle some chocolate ganache over strawberries. (This step is optional)

Recipe Notes
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.

Thanks done share recipes to : https://www.jocooks.com/bakery/cakes/matcha-mini-cheesecakes-with-white-chocolate-covered-strawberries/